Hanover, MD (703) 875-3140
Thomas Haile — Area Manager
The parking facility at Colonial Place consists of two underground levels, B-1 & B-2. The main garage entrance is located next to the loading dock at 2101 Wilson Boulevard. This entrance is accessible from the Colonial Place front entrance driveway off of the Wilson Boulevard and Uhle street intersection. A second garage entrance is located at the rear of 2107 Wilson Boulevard along North Key Boulevard. Both monthly and daily parkers may enter and exit at either entrance.
The garage hours of operation are from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. The garage is closed on weekends and holidays. After-hour access is only available to monthly parkers. Daily parkers must exit the garage by closing time or wait until the next business day when the garage reopens.
Tenants with monthly parking will gain access to the garage by using the access card on the card reader at garage entrances.
The garage card access system has an “anti-passback” feature which allows the monthly parking security cards to only be used in the proper sequence. The card will only allow garage entrance if the card was last used in the garage system for exiting, and it will only allow exiting if the card was last used in the garage system to enter the garage.
Should a monthly parker become locked in the garage after-hours, the on-site security guard is able to open the garage doors and allow exit from the garage. The officer will require driver’s name, company, and garage access card number.
The garage is operated by Penn Parking. Penn’s on-site office is located on the B-1 level next to the garage main entrance. Monthly parking application forms can be obtained from Penn’s office and should be returned to the garage manager. For more information about garage access cards, space availability, rates, or to purchase parking validation tickets, please contact Penn Parking at (703) 875-3140.
If a tenant wishes to leave a vehicle in the garage overnight, they should e-mail the parking office (email@example.com) and indicate the dates the vehicle will be in the garage, make and model, license plate number and parking location (B-1 or B-2).
One-hour courtesy parking is available in the surface lot, located by the entrance to the garage and between the 2101 and 2107 buildings. These parking spaces are monitored by security officers and cameras, and towing at vehicle owner’s expense is strictly enforced.
ALTERNATE MONTHLY PARKING ACCESS METHOD
ENTER / EXIT THE PARKING FACILITY USING A REGISTERED MOBILE PHONE
An authorized monthly parker may enter/exit the Colonial Place parking facility by use of their REGISTERED mobile phone if one’s access card is not readily available.
To use this option, please follow the procedures below:
- Step 1: Drive up to the entry station kiosk as normal, the screen below will appear:
- Step 2: Using the touch screen display, touch “OTHER ACCESS OPTIONS” Once touched, the screen below will appear:
- Step 3: Using the touch screen display, touch “I HAVE A MONTHLY PARKING ACCOUNT”. Once touched, the screen below will appear:
- Step 4: Using one’s REGISTERED mobile phone, call the number displayed on the screen
- Step 5: When instructed, press the numeric digit(s) displayed on the screen on your REGISTERED mobile phone telephone keypad.
- Step 6: The gate will open.
- If an authorized monthly parker wishes to have available the mobile phone option, the monthly parker must have a mobile phone and register it with Penn Parking;
- Only one vehicle per monthly account is permitted to be in the garage at any one time regardless of the method used to enter the garage;
- It is possible for monthly parker to enter the facility using the mobile phone option and exit using their assigned access card or vice-versa